Wednesday, January 19, 2011

St. John's #1 Courtesy 3rd Degree

St. John's Lodge #1 was kind enough to extend an offer to have Talon Beck go through their 3rd degree.  It is an old building in the heart of downtown Stillwater and it has a lot of character.  Most notably perhaps, certainly the most talked about, is the number of steps one needs to climb to get to the top floor.  Apparently, there are more steps if you go out the back door (55?) than the front.  I'm guessing that the members count the very last step before the sidewalk even though it's only a half inch tall because it sounds more impressive.

It was nice to sit back and enjoy the second section of the degree in a lodge room that was nearly packed.  Everyone did a great job.  It was interesting to see the differences in "acting" from what I'm use to seeing.

I know that there were a few pictures taken by some Garnet Brothers.  I'll have to add them later if they get emailed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment